Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Snowblower Chute keeps cracking.

I have a Troy-Bilt 8526 snowblower and am using it on our gravel
driveway. Occasionally, it picks up some loose gravel. Most of the
time when that happens, it's not a big deal. However, lately it seems
that I keep picking up sharper rocks and it puts a hole through or
cracks the chute that the snow blows out of. The chute is a hard
plastic. Does anyone have any ideas on how to strengthen the chute?
Maybe something I can coat the inside of it with to resist cracking
from the stones? The only idea I've come up with is to layer some duct
tape on the inside.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks...

Rich Greenberg

In article . com,
wrote:
I have a Troy-Bilt 8526 snowblower and am using it on our gravel
driveway. Occasionally, it picks up some loose gravel. Most of the
time when that happens, it's not a big deal. However, lately it seems
that I keep picking up sharper rocks and it puts a hole through or
cracks the chute that the snow blows out of. The chute is a hard
plastic. Does anyone have any ideas on how to strengthen the chute?
Maybe something I can coat the inside of it with to resist cracking
from the stones? The only idea I've come up with is to layer some duct
tape on the inside.

Check with a marine supply or a boat repair shop and see if you can
fiberglass it.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67

i hauled mine off and took it to a metal shop. they "moulded" a metal
liner for me. i took it home and pop rivited it in. 2 years running
without a problem. beats paving the bloody driveway.

Old cracking caulk? Ablang Home Ownership 2 August 24th 04 03:39 PM
Storing a large snowblower Dave C. Home Ownership 0 February 6th 04 05:05 PM
Craftsman Snow Thrower...Cracked Plastic Chute Deflector [email protected] Home Repair 2 January 27th 04 04:41 AM
Travertine Tile Cracking .. HELP! NSN Home Repair 8 December 13th 03 02:16 PM
Great Idea - Communal Snowblower Bob Chilcoat Metalworking 18 December 10th 03 05:39 AM