Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

GTO69RA4

Default Maytag LA512 washer--anyone know about these?

I've been trying to get a good used washing machine. Although I'd prefer
something more reliable like Whirlpool/Kenmore, I found someone selling a
Maytag LA512 for what seems to be a great price. He says it's six years old but
from my very limited knowledge of model numbers I think it's more like 10-15.
He doesn't seem to have any more info on it, and without me knowing more it's
not worth the drive to see it in the flesh.

Does anyone know the ballpark age of this model, and what kind of reliability I
might expect? I assume it won't be as good as the PAV series but not as bad as
the SAV. Just need to know a little more before I truck out there and make the
deal.

Thanks

GTO(John)