Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

kav

Default blown up

I turned on kitchen light and it went bang.
The switch took the full force because its black around the earth
wire.
i have check the fuse, the light fittings, blubs and switch and they
all work fine in other areas of the house, i just cant get any lights
in the kitchen or hall. I beleive that these to lights are connected
and have checked the wiring on both light connections and the current
is still running though it. so what do i do now to get a light to
work, any ideas!! (apart from ring an electrician)
Kavvy
John A. Weeks III

In article , kav
wrote:

I turned on kitchen light and it went bang.
The switch took the full force because its black around the earth
wire.
i have check the fuse, the light fittings, blubs and switch and they
all work fine in other areas of the house, i just cant get any lights
in the kitchen or hall. I beleive that these to lights are connected
and have checked the wiring on both light connections and the current
is still running though it. so what do i do now to get a light to
work, any ideas!! (apart from ring an electrician)

The light switch could have broken inside. Turn off the breaker
(or pull the fuse), then open the switch box and pull out the
switch. You could simply replace it, they are only a buck or two.
Or test the switch with an ohm meter to see if it really works and
is not shorted. If you don't have an ohm meter, take it to an
electrical shop.

You could also have a shorted light bulb or a broken light fixture.
To test the bulbs, take them one at time and test them somewhere
else.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications