Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

April Lee

Default Walls and Beams ?

Hello guys

I was wondering if you know of a site where they have some recommendation or tips
in regard to how to paint walls ? If say use two colors , which wall or what color will
make impression that the room is smaller or longer. I also have two huge beams on the ceiling.
Pretty large one. Wonder if better paint it in ceiling color or walls color ?

It's a small place , try to at least make it visually larger.

SIlly stuff , I do realize that but I'll appreciate if any of you have some
suggestions.

Thank you

Christopher Green

April Lee wrote in message ...
Hello guys

I was wondering if you know of a site where they have some recommendation or tips
in regard to how to paint walls ? If say use two colors , which wall or what color will
make impression that the room is smaller or longer. I also have two huge beams on the ceiling.
Pretty large one. Wonder if better paint it in ceiling color or walls color ?

It's a small place , try to at least make it visually larger.

SIlly stuff , I do realize that but I'll appreciate if any of you have some
suggestions.

Thank you

Usually, light colors create a feeling that the space is more open and
airy, dark colors that the space is more close and cozy. You can paint
or stain the beams in a contrasting color if they are worth
emphasizing.

If you have ever seen the "painted churches" in Hawaii [the one at
Pu'uhonua O Honaunau (Place of Refuge) is outstanding], the interiors
of these tiny churches use a trompe l'oeil effect, with light colors
on the walls, tapering to deep blue at the peak of the ceiling, to
create an illusion of great depth.

--
Chris Green
April

Christopher Green wrote:
April Lee wrote in message ...

[...]

Thank you very much Chris,
Appreciate your feedback.
I have not been to Hawaii but i'll google for images of these churches.

Have a nice weekend

regards

April Lee