Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Laying sodded grass over weeds?

Greetings,
Is it ok to lay sodded grass over some weeds that have grown in the
new home or do i really need to have them pulled? If so, what tools
can make it easier to pull the weeds out because i don't want to pull
it with my bare hands. Thanks.

On 12 Sep 2004 08:15:05 -0700, someone wrote:

i don't want to pull it with my bare hands. Thanks.

Gloves.

On 14 Sep 2004 04:49:44 -0700, someone wrote:

.... nice even lawn is
benefitted by through preperation. But, some folks are lucky just
pulling the weeds and throwing the sod....

Throwing the sod? Hell, the price of sod was such, we just threw
SEED. And then some hay and straw over it. Wtered it some and had a
plenty good enough lawn by the next summer. But of course some folks
want it sooner and pefectly manicured, so instant lawn.... Its easier
to stomach the cost of the sod for small lawns though. It would have
cost us a ton since we were doing about an acre of lawn (there's a lot
more land that's not lawn).

-v.

If you want to nuke the weeds w/o touching them, consider
Roundup. It kills all plants except for some genetically
modified ones, but is nonpersistent. Indeed, IIRC, the label
lists sterilizing flower beds prior to planting as a
recommended application.