Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Dryer Help....it burned!

My gf was using the dryer tonight, and all of a sudden I smelled something burning.

So I opened the dryer door and smoke came out!

I went to get her, and we checked out the clothes and they were HOT!!
This was a minute later, but the clothes were still very hot.

So it seems like the dryer is broken.

What could be wrong with it...
Is there a temp. gauge? Maybe thats what is broken.

Is that a easy fix? Who do I call?

Thanks!
Tom

Is that a easy fix? Who do I call?

Thanks!

First thing I would check is the vent. A buildup of lint can cause a
temp buildup and fire. Beyond that it can get more complicated but
nothing is difficult to replace on a dryer.
Don Phillipson

"T" wrote in message
om...

I went to get her, and we checked out the clothes and they were HOT!!
This was a minute later, but the clothes were still very hot.

Your clothes dryer has
-- a heating element
-- heater control (thermostat)
-- air exhaust vent (to remove hot damp air.)
One of these has malfunctioned.
If you cannot tell which, call a serviceman
for this particular brand.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Christopher Green

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message ...
"T" wrote in message
om...

I went to get her, and we checked out the clothes and they were HOT!!
This was a minute later, but the clothes were still very hot.

Your clothes dryer has
-- a heating element
-- heater control (thermostat)
-- air exhaust vent (to remove hot damp air.)
One of these has malfunctioned.
If you cannot tell which, call a serviceman
for this particular brand.

Another possibility is that it is a belt-drive model, and the belt is
slipping or the drum is seized. If left unattended this way, it will
smoke the belt and heat up the drum.

--
Chris Green

On 30 Aug 2004 19:38:16 -0700, someone wrote:

Is there a temp. gauge? Maybe thats what is broken.

Dude, do you see a temp gauge anywhere? A gauge would just give you a
reading on what the temp is. You already know the temp is too high.
Do you really need a gauge to tell you that?

Who to call? Call Bob. Or Jim. Let your fingers do the walking, I
don't know who is listed in your local yellow pages under appliance
repairs.

-v.

Norm

"T" wrote

Who do I call?

Thanks!

Try your landscaper, if they won't do it try your auto mechanic. You get
the picture, common sense comes into play for who to call for dryer help.