Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Albee Kuminova

Default Screech sound when hot water runs

In the bathroom when you turn on the hot water to a certain point it
sounds like a bottle rocket about to explode. Turn it more and it stops.
Air in the lines? Some thing else? It just started a few days ago. Is it
a problem?

Also DW noticed leak under sink in kitchen. I turned the handle a bit
and it wasn't shut off so I made sure it was and now no leaks there. We
do use a portable dishwasher so there is some back pressure daily.

Are the 2 connected in any way? Should I ask city water about air in
line or is that problem?
Speedy Jim

Albee Kuminova wrote:

In the bathroom when you turn on the hot water to a certain point it
sounds like a bottle rocket about to explode. Turn it more and it stops.
Air in the lines? Some thing else? It just started a few days ago. Is it
a problem?

Also DW noticed leak under sink in kitchen. I turned the handle a bit
and it wasn't shut off so I made sure it was and now no leaks there. We
do use a portable dishwasher so there is some back pressure daily.

Are the 2 connected in any way? Should I ask city water about air in
line or is that problem?

Not air. The faucet stem threads may be worn out or the washer
may be loose, either one causing a vibration.

Jim

Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM