Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

mimi

Default Houston home inspector recommendation

Would anyone like to recommend a good home inspector. Thanks in advance

FSJ

Mimi,

AmeriSpec
www.ameriaspec.net/robwhite

Rob White is the Owner and a Professional Inspector himself. He also has two
other really nice guys that work with him. I should note that all inspection
firms in Texas have a minimum guide line that they have to follow so the
difference is going to be their experiance (years doing inspections) and
just how bright they are.

I found Rob and his crew to be really good with the purchase of my house and
my girlfriends house and very professional. Also note that I'm a realtor in
Houston so if that affects your decision or my recommendation at least you
know it.

Ok good luck with it!,

FSJ
"mimi" wrote in message
Would anyone like to recommend a good home inspector. Thanks in advance

SJE

I had good luck with Donald Lawson. Used him on my new construction
in Houston. Site is pretty informative.

http://www.best2inspect.com

..
thanks FSJ.

"mimi" wrote in message
Would anyone like to recommend a good home inspector. Thanks in

advance

FSJ

SJE and Mimi,

Donald Lawson does look pretty good. If you don't mind I would love to hear
your review of him. If not I will give him a try on my next transaction.

Thanks,

FSJ
m...

"mimi" wrote in message
Would anyone like to recommend a good home inspector. Thanks

in
advance

SJE

SJE and Mimi,

Donald Lawson does look pretty good. If you don't mind I would love to hear
your review of him. If not I will give him a try on my next transaction.

Thanks,

FSJ

Not much I can say other than he was prompt, he seemed thorough and
knowledgeable, and his report looked just like the example he has on
his website. His price seemed very competitive. I was with him
during much the inspection and he went over each problem he found with
me and explained it nicely in the report as well. Each item he found
my builder (who I really liked) agreed with and corrected.

I should note that I know next to nothing about construction, so if he
missed anything I probably would never know it. But I've been living
in this house for a year now with no real problems, so both my builder
and inspector get high marks so far.

Mimi

I have contacted both of them, Donald Lawson and Rob White. They seem
details and knowledgeable. Their price are the same. Rob sent me an
example report which's very detail like the one Donald has on his web
site. I haven't decided who. My house is still waiting for the
electricity. Probably within the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know.
Thanks

SJE wrote in message . ..
[...]

Mimi

Here is my review. I got Mark G from Donal Lawson inspect my house. I
didn't choose Rob White because he was on my agent list, not because
of pricing or anything. They did a good job, inspected throughly all
details in the house. Some details were very minor which probably
nobody cares. He went over all the details with me and explain all
those to me, which really helped since many things I didn't know. My
agent and the superintendent hate them for that. They said the report
were supposed to come within a day, but it didn't. I had them
inspected on Tue and Thu I had to call them many times to get the
report. My builder and I were frustrated because he wanted to close
on Friday.

SJE wrote in message . ..
[...]

FSJ

Mimi,

Thanks for posting the review. Sounds like you were pleased with the
inspection but not pleased with the follow-up and obtaining the actual
report. I will say that every inspection I have had done including Rob White
and a few others I have received either that night or early the next
morning. Apparently from talking to them they do the work each night, kick
the report up to there boss for final approval then it goes out basically
within hours this all occurs. They try to get it done quickly so the
inspection is still fresh in their mind. So this makes me wonder about Mark
G and Donald Lawson.

Every single report I have encountered contains everything that is not
working or performing it's intended purpose. They do this to protect
themselves down the road from liability but the reports are a hard read for
new home owners who all of a sudden have everything and anything wrong with
the house documented. It makes you think that your about to live in a house
about to fall in on it's self.

Anyhow thanks much Mimi I sure appreciate it,

FSJ

"Mimi" wrote in message
om...
Here is my review. I got Mark G from Donal Lawson inspect my house. I
didn't choose Rob White because he was on my agent list, not because
of pricing or anything. They did a good job, inspected throughly all
details in the house. Some details were very minor which probably
nobody cares. He went over all the details with me and explain all
those to me, which really helped since many things I didn't know. My
agent and the superintendent hate them for that. They said the report
were supposed to come within a day, but it didn't. I had them
inspected on Tue and Thu I had to call them many times to get the
report. My builder and I were frustrated because he wanted to close
on Friday.

(Mimi) wrote in message

. com...
I have contacted both of them, Donald Lawson and Rob White. They seem
details and knowledgeable. Their price are the same. Rob sent me an
example report which's very detail like the one Donald has on his web
site. I haven't decided who. My house is still waiting for the
electricity. Probably within the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know.
Thanks

. ..