Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

mark sabatini

Default HotPoint refrigerator problem with condensation inside

I have a Hotpoint 2-dr side-by-side fridge now several years old. No
problems until now.
There seems to be a lot of condensation inside the fridge side
especially on the 1st and 2nd shelves. There's water dripping off the
ceiling of the fridge onto the milk shelves and condensation on the
back wall.

Now this is in fairly stable weather and not much humidity. We turned
up the cool control to High hoping it would help; no difference.

Is the condenser dying? I did notice that that magnetic strip on the
door does not seem to hold well. The door opens quite easily.

1. Should I look into replacing the magnetic strip? How to do this?
2. Also noticed that the fridge door seems to have "dropped" about 1/2
inch lower than the freezer door. I think that a washer or something
that hold the door up on a hinge is lost and the door seems to have
lowered.

The freezer side seems to be fine, very cold, etc.
Any suggestions will help.

Thanks.

Mark Sabatini
Dan O.

I agree with Brian, leaking door seals or the door being left open is about
that only thing which could cause condensation on the shelves and on the
ceiling of the refrigerator compartment of a side by side model. On a
top-freezer model, condensation on the ceiling could be caused by a plugged
defrost water drain but not on a SxS model.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=H...fridge+gaskets

=Ð~~~~~~

Brian wrote

It sounds like you already figured out your problem. Fixing your door
and/or magnetic door gasket should solve your problem. What is
happening is warm 70+ degree air is seeping past your door seal and
the moisture is condensing out of it when it hits the cool walls and
surfaces inside of the fridge. Lowering the fridge temperature would
make the problem worse.
Good luck with it!

-Brian

(mark sabatini) wrote