Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

kristen

Default Furniture from Restoration Hardware

I saw this desk armoire that I love in the new restoration hardware
catalog. Its called the Joliet Office Armoire. I've never ordered
anything from Restroation Hardware, and this desk is expensive! It
says its craftede by a company that has been making furniture since
1879...any idea who that could be? I'm just hesitant about spending so
much money in the first place, let alone at a chain furiture store
like RH. I wonder where I could fine something similar. RH seems so
overpriced. But if I do end up getting it, does anyone have furiture
from RH, and how has it held up???

Thanks!

Kristen
Ermalina

kristen wrote:

I saw this desk armoire that I love in the new restoration hardware
catalog. Its called the Joliet Office Armoire. I've never ordered
anything from Restroation Hardware, and this desk is expensive! It
says its craftede by a company that has been making furniture since
1879...any idea who that could be?

Well, judging by the name, "JOLIET [Illinois?] Office Armoire," maybe
it's Cohen Furniture.

http://www.gocohens.com

"Cohen Furniture has been helping the people of
Central and NorthWestern Illinois furnish their
homes comfortably, fashionably and affordably
since 1879."

The site contains a few pics of home office stuff that look "in the
ballpark".
Ermalina

Ermalina wrote:

kristen wrote:

I saw this desk armoire that I love in the new restoration hardware
catalog. Its called the Joliet Office Armoire. I've never ordered
anything from Restroation Hardware, and this desk is expensive! It
says its craftede by a company that has been making furniture since
1879...any idea who that could be?

Well, judging by the name, "JOLIET [Illinois?] Office Armoire," maybe
it's Cohen Furniture.

http://www.gocohens.com

"Cohen Furniture has been helping the people of
Central and NorthWestern Illinois furnish their
homes comfortably, fashionably and affordably
since 1879."

The site contains a few pics of home office stuff that look "in the
ballpark".

OOOppppsssss! Sorry, I looked more closely -- Cohen's does not appear to
be the manufacturer.