Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Sinking yard -- what could cause it?

replying to v, JackS wrote:
Hi, I google this topic and find this old discussion since I ran into the same
problem. I don't know whether the original poster had resolved this problem if
he/she can post the experiences, it will be greatly appreciated.

I owned a townhome built in 2005 by Ryan Homes and now is my rental property
since 2012. I noticed there was a sinkhole in my front yard around 2008. My
mother-in-law used a one and half feet long stick to try to measure it but it
could not reach to the solid bottom. So I filled with some soils and bricks
and did not really pay attention to it.

I did some yard work there recently and noticed the whole front yard were
sinking. There is a basement in the house. In 2013, I noticed there was a
leaking in the sewer line about 5 feet below the ground. I turn off the water
in the house. It is still leaking. So the leaking water is not from the house.
I asked couple of plumbers. None of them could figure it out and it became a
mystery to me. Now, my question is can I hold Ryan Homes accountable for
this? I checked my purchase contract and it cover the structure for 10 years
which is apparently over. But I remembered the sales person did mention that
the foundation would be covered lifetime. Is this consider a foundation
problem? What options do I have to reduce my financial loss? Thanks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...it-538212-.htm

Sinking yard -- what could cause it? JackS Home Repair 6 May 9th 17 10:29 PM
Water pipe for yard - PVC OK for city water to yard? Ook Home Repair 15 June 4th 12 03:20 PM
sinking ground gorf Home Repair 15 January 13th 06 03:16 AM
The yard sinking Ed Home Ownership 8 April 13th 05 12:40 AM