Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default What are US men doing? (was: OT Baristas to begin packing guns)

BurfordTJustice wrote:

SPOKANE, Wash. -
After three robberies in less than a month at Jitterz Java,
employees say they're refusing to be victimized anymore and
are preparing to pack heat on the job.

Video:

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-new...-guns/25043674

The real story here isin't that hysteria-prone young-ish women are going
to be armed while working in a drive-up coffee shack.

Watch the video and count the number of women vs men.

There is only one man in that video that has a job or is obviously
employed. Counting the reporter and news anchor, there are 5 women that
are employed.

We know there is one man in the video who's employed as a thief - if you
count that.

Is this an accurate picture of society and the increasing
marginalization of men in the pacific north-west, or in the US in
general?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

H o m e G u y(tm) wrote:
BurfordTJustice wrote:

[...]

Hmm,
I just wish they are well trained to handle their weapons. When and if
time comes I hope they shoot and KILL the robber not an innocent
bystander, customer. Gun in an inexperienced hands is more dangerous
than not carrying it. The store owner is asking for trouble, IMO.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default OT Baristas to begin packing guns

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
H o m e G u y(tm) wrote:
BurfordTJustice wrote:

Sweet!!!

SPOKANE, Wash. -
After three robberies in less than a month at Jitterz Java, employees say
they're refusing to be victimized anymore and are preparing to pack heat
on the job.

Jitterz Java owner Sara Chapel is encouraging her staff members not only
to bring their guns, but she's keeping one in the stand just in case.

"I would rather have it and need it, than need it and not have it,"
Krystal Cogswell said.

Order a drink and you may find yourself looking at Krystal Cogswell's .38
Special Lavender Lady secured to her hip. She's one of the half dozen
employees arming themselves in case of another robbery.

"Before I never felt an immediate threat, so I would just have it off to
the side or somewhere hidden. But now I feel like if someone can see it,
maybe it will just deter it right then and there and I won't ever have to
use it," she explained.

Security footage from the latest robbery attempt Sunday night shows a
suspect holding what looks like a weapon trying to enter the shop through
the drive-thru window. The employee was able to put down a block to stop
the entry and grab her gun, but by then the suspect left. Chapel is making
sure her employees can defend themselves if it happens again.

"A couple of them bring handguns every day, no matter what shift it is.
There is always a gun here now," she said.

So far, there has been an outpouring of support from customers.

"I think it's pretty awesome," customer Kelly Dirks said.

"This isn't a corporation. I encourage them to get guns under each window
and shoot first," customer Sharon Whitt said.

Cogswell said there was only one case where someone didn't like the idea
of baristas with Berettas.

"I only had one guy that said, 'Whoa, maybe you girls shouldn't have them
because when you're angry you do things you shouldn't,'" Cogswell said.

Cogswell said she has her concealed weapons license and has been around
guns her entire life. She doesn't plan on using her gun -- unless there's
one pointing at her.

"I'd like to defend myself if the time comes," she said.

As far as the legality of it is concerned, Spokane Police said it is
completely legal as long as the employees who are armed are 18 and older
and do not have any prior convictions that restrict them from using
firearms.

Video:
Warning for that scared libNut metrosexuals woman with a GUN!

--
Why would anyone go around Unarmed?
That is just plain silly. Never be available to the thugs.