Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Advice needed for pool fence.

All-Safe Pool Safety Products offers Removable Mesh Pool Fences, Automatic Pool Covers, Mesh Pool Safety Covers and Pool Safety Nets. Each one has it's pros and cons. Removable Pool Fences are going to be the easiest to use. Their price per foot varies quite a bit depending on the length and difficulty of the job. Plan on anywhere from $500-2500. Automatic pool covers are probably the best option if your pool can accommodate one and you have the money to pay for it. They run about 5-10K or more. However, in the long run, they pay for themselves in energy and maintenance savings. Pool Safety Nets offer a great balance between price and aesthetics. However, they require some work to take on and off. Mesh Pool Safety Covers are great for keeping leaves and debris off the pool, but are fairly heavy and not recommended if you use your pool often. So it really depends on your pool and your individual needs.

On Wednesday, May 26, 1999 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, FJP wrote:
There is also an automatic cover you can buy that will keep the heat in your
pool and also works as a safety net if your child should fall in. I'm not
sure who makes it but I've seen them before. They aren't cheap but neither
is the fence and you will get a solar and maybe a winter cover too.

Frank

Dzung Nguyen wrote in message
Yes, our yard is fenced. The pool fence is for the protection for our

kids,
7 and 5. We already loaded their afternoons with swimming lessions for

most
of the summer. This is for the extra peace of mind.

-Dzung

Tracy wrote:

The advantage that I see in the removable fence is that in a few years
when our kids are better swimmers, we might not need to put it up all
the time.

Is your yard fenced, then? If not, you may as well get a permanent
fence around the pool, since you'll *always* have to have some kind of
fence around either the pool itself or the yard.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Advice needed for SPAMMING

Don't you just love SPAMMERS who have to go back to a 12 year old post to create
their SPAM?

Advice needed: Oil filter needed for oil furnace? mm Home Repair 7 May 3rd 13 04:43 AM
Need advice on a pool safety fence HamNCheese Home Repair 2 May 5th 07 02:33 AM
More fence advice Ook Home Repair 8 August 30th 06 05:44 PM
Pool fence in Toronto Canada X Home Repair 4 March 11th 05 11:53 PM
Advice Needed: TS Modifications to Mount Aftermarket Fence philly45 Woodworking 4 September 9th 04 03:43 PM