Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default are gutters necessary?

We just received a CITATION!!! from our community's code enforcement
agent who says we are REQUIRED to have gutters on our house. We have a
main roof - we took the gutters off. We built an addition below the
main roof with gutters that we believe are sufficient to handle the
rain water from both the upper main roof AND addition. We had done
some landscaping to divert rain water away from our foundation which
has no leaks. We don't want to spend unnecessary money because some
uninformed official thinks it's aesthetically necessary to have
gutters on every section of roof. We don't want to put gutters
everywhere. In our community, they did dye-testing to make sure our
downspouts weren't tied into the community's sewage system. So aren't
gutters there ONLY to divert rain water? This is not a need we have,
so do we HAVE to have them?
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jul 18, 4:32*pm, Richard Marron wrote:
We just received a CITATION!!! from our community's code enforcement
agent who says we are REQUIRED to have gutters on our house.

Many communities have covenants that bind homeowners to adhere to
prescribed rules. If this applies in your case, you likely were given
a copy of the covenants when you purchased the property. Find out if
your community does indeed have a covenant that requires gutters.

gutters Sam UK diy 15 August 10th 08 08:55 PM
Gutters and goo GMM UK diy 4 August 6th 08 03:31 PM
Gutters or rip rap? rbstern Home Repair 5 March 12th 07 12:08 AM
Gutters [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 September 21st 05 01:32 AM
Gutters Paul UK diy 0 August 14th 03 02:05 PM