Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Squirrels

Apparently I have a squirrel living in my crawl space. So far it
hasn't been a problem, but is there any reason I should evict it?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jun 25, 2:50*pm, Steve Daniels wrote:
Apparently I have a squirrel living in my crawl space. *So far it
hasn't been a problem, but is there any reason I should evict it?

If it dies, you can have an insect problem.

If it chews on wires, you could have a fire or dead squirrel.

If it urinates, you could have smells.

Other animals that aren't so nice, could also get in your crawl space.

--
Ron
Posted to misc.consumers.house

The squirrel wasn't wearing a tag, "Henry Hager" by any chance?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article ,
Steve Daniels wrote:

Apparently I have a squirrel living in my crawl space. So far it
hasn't been a problem, but is there any reason I should evict it?

Yes; by the time you realize it's a problem, it can be a disaster.

In addition to the other issues raised, squirrels multiply. One
squirrel can become several, then many, in short order. Evict it
before it becomes a problem--and be ready for an extended effort.

To get rid of a sqirrel in my attic, I had to build a sheet metal
exit chute and block off several holes chewed through the soffit.
It took a few weeks, but I finally won the battle.

The problem was aggravated by a neighbor who like to overfeed them.

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

If you want to reduce the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere,
go plant trees.

Squirrels again... spamlet UK diy 19 June 5th 10 07:53 AM
squirrels in car trailer Home Repair 15 April 23rd 08 02:10 PM
Squirrels Gimpy Home Repair 12 June 19th 06 10:19 AM
Squirrels = 3 vs. Me = 0 Steve Home Repair 22 November 8th 05 01:57 AM
@#$ squirrels MC Home Repair 16 April 2nd 05 02:23 AM