Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Any tips to Preserve the life windshield wipers from tearing inwinter.

The problem is that my wiper blades end up freezing to the window and
end up tearing. tx
Posted to misc.consumers.house

8ball meme wrote:

The problem is that my wiper blades end up freezing to the window and
end up tearing. tx

Get winter blades. The rubber is formulated for colder temperatures.

Use a windshield cover or keep the blades off the windshield when the
car is parked.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

"8ball meme" wrote in message
The problem is that my wiper blades end up freezing to the window and
end up tearing.

Don't turn on the wipers until the window is defrosted...

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article ,
"John Weiss" wrote:

8ball meme wrote:

The problem is that my wiper blades end up freezing to the window and
end up tearing. tx

Get winter blades. The rubber is formulated for colder temperatures.

Use a windshield cover or keep the blades off the windshield when the
car is parked.

My neighbors and I simply lift the blades up when we park at night.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article , "Bill" wrote:
"8ball meme" wrote in message
The problem is that my wiper blades end up freezing to the window and
end up tearing.

Don't turn on the wipers until the window is defrosted...

Never pull straight up, just hit them with the scraper along the glass
line. Then I do pull them up and let them hit the glass
a few times to clear the ice and snow.

My new set are really great, have TFE coatings.

greg