Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Whole house water filter alternatives?

Hello, Group--

I currently have a whole house water filter that should be changed
every two months or so. The filter inside is a standard sediment
filter.

I have heard about 'spin down' sediment filters and wonder if these
are a good alternative? My current filter works fine, but the process
of changing it requires a strap wrench and a lot of torque, and I
wonder about the wear on pipes joints over time.

Thanks for any recommendations!
Posted to misc.consumers.house

"maglet762" wrote in message
Hello, Group--

I currently have a whole house water filter that should be changed
every two months or so. The filter inside is a standard sediment
filter.

I have heard about 'spin down' sediment filters and wonder if these
are a good alternative?

I would install a spin down filter (screen filter with cleaning drain)
before the whole house filter, then this would catch all the large
particles. And you would not need to replace the whole house filter as
often.