Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Guide To Lubricating A Sticky Door Lock & Key

The two locks on my front door were becoming very difficult to operate
and sometimes the key would become stuck inside the keyhole. I was
ready to go buy new locks, but then I remembered how my grandfather
would use graphite powder as a dry lubricant for delicate pocket
watches.

I took pictures of the lubrication process and wrote up a guide. The
total cost for the lubricant was about $5 ordered online.

Here's the guide -
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/H...r-Lock-and-Key

The locks work great now and require very little effort to operate.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL