Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default the Beauty of an Air Lock

I hope everyone has discovered the beauty of an "Air Lock".
We finally added one that doubles as a Mud room. the wood stove even can
be loaded from it. and a great place to feed the cat. She has a pet port
into it, but not the main house.
--
When the Power of Love,replaces the Love of Power.
that's Evolution.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 07:33:43 -0800, doc marten
wrote:

I hope everyone has discovered the beauty of an "Air Lock".
We finally added one that doubles as a Mud room. the wood stove even can
be loaded from it. and a great place to feed the cat. She has a pet port
into it, but not the main house.

I thought those *were* mud rooms. ...or put another way, that mud
rooms had doors to both the house and outside.

I found a better solution was to move to where it didn't get cold
enough to need a mud room. ;-)
Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote:

I hope everyone has discovered the beauty of an "Air Lock".
We finally added one that doubles as a Mud room. the wood stove even can
be loaded from it. and a great place to feed the cat. She has a pet port
into it, but not the main house.

I thought those *were* mud rooms. ...or put another way, that mud
rooms had doors to both the house and outside.

I found a better solution was to move to where it didn't get cold
enough to need a mud room. ;-)

Mud is more a factor of rain and clay. than temp.
And Air Locks work even better when you are trying to keep the air
conditioner on a diet. Ceiling fans too.
--
When the Power of Love,replaces the Love of Power.
that's Evolution.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 18:58:11 -0800, doc marten
wrote:

wrote:

I hope everyone has discovered the beauty of an "Air Lock".
We finally added one that doubles as a Mud room. the wood stove even can
be loaded from it. and a great place to feed the cat. She has a pet port
into it, but not the main house.

I thought those *were* mud rooms. ...or put another way, that mud
rooms had doors to both the house and outside.

I found a better solution was to move to where it didn't get cold
enough to need a mud room. ;-)

Mud is more a factor of rain and clay. than temp.

They always went together, IME. "Mud room" == "Air Lock" (actually
the latter was never used.

And Air Locks work even better when you are trying to keep the air
conditioner on a diet. Ceiling fans too.

Nonsense. There is far more heat lost with a 70F-100F differential
than 10-30F.

the beauty of wood nes[_2_] Home Repair 0 December 13th 07 06:29 PM
Front door multi-point lock slowly getting harder to lock [email protected] UK diy 2 April 14th 07 09:31 PM
BATHING BEAUTY J T Woodworking 0 February 27th 07 11:31 PM
door knobs with key lock and push button lock Nospam Home Repair 4 May 23rd 06 05:05 PM
GE electric slide-in self cleaning auto lock won't lock door sunni Home Repair 1 October 27th 05 12:47 PM