Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Victory Gardens ?

"Victory Gardens" began in Britain in 1944 . "Plant more in '44" was
the rally call.
Lawns were transformed into gardens . 20 Million Americans grew 40 % of
all their vegetables .
Count the benefits.
And the food is better for your health. Not to mention the exercise and
you don't
have to drive down to the "gym" for it.
So, sell the lawnmower and set yourself free.
just ask Barbara
www.askbarbarathegreengoddess.info
--
When the Power of Love,replaces the Love of Power.
that's Evolution.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

"'nam vet." wrote in message

"Victory Gardens" began in Britain in 1944 .

No -- more like 1940 (when food was rationed, park railings
removed for scrap metal, playing fields ploughed up to plant
vegetables etc.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to misc.consumers.house

I began growing at home because of the lack of good tomatoes available in
the stores. Most tomatoes are hybridized to ship well, and not taste good. I
had a very good crop this year, and my garden mysteriously produced well
even though I didn't fertilize even once.

--
http://cashcuddler.com

"Thrift is sexy."

Victory Gardens ! 'nam vet. Home Ownership 0 November 29th 08 07:17 PM
Crystal gardens! Gary Cavie UK diy 13 April 19th 06 11:10 PM
Material for raised bed gardens? jd Home Repair 9 March 15th 06 02:43 AM
ot Railroad ties and gardens [email protected] Metalworking 17 February 13th 05 12:19 AM