Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Moen shower flow problem

We have a Moentrol single handle shower control. the wate flow on the
cold side is getting lower and lower.. I reoplaced the cartidge (Moen
1225-B) and there was now improvement.
I also took the entire unit apart. There seems to be full water flow
up to the cold water check valve, but low flow after the presure
balancer.
Does any one have any suggestions?
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article ,
wrote:
We have a Moentrol single handle shower control. the wate flow on the
cold side is getting lower and lower.. I reoplaced the cartidge (Moen
1225-B) and there was now improvement.
I also took the entire unit apart. There seems to be full water flow
up to the cold water check valve, but low flow after the presure
balancer.
Does any one have any suggestions?

Could the presure balancer be doing its job because the hot pressure is
also low?

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L

Moen 7100 - side spray flow RichK Home Repair 3 April 2nd 07 03:05 AM
Moen Shower Faucet Replacement [email protected] Home Repair 2 March 19th 07 07:06 PM
Old Moen Shower Handle Leo Home Repair 1 December 15th 06 01:27 PM
Replacing Moen shower cartridge Kevin Jayne Home Repair 3 March 21st 06 12:56 PM
Moen shower control problem AJ Home Repair 3 July 16th 04 06:11 AM