Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default I can't remove an old style porcelain door knob rosette that has no plate screws

I seem to be having trouble removing an old style door knob that has a
rosette plate with no screws, I have tried to pry it off but have had
no luck, i'm not sure if there is something I am missing on this quest.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
ups.com...
I seem to be having trouble removing an old style door knob that has a
rosette plate with no screws, I have tried to pry it off but have had
no luck, i'm not sure if there is something I am missing on this quest.

On the ones I have seen (and this was a few years ago), there was a collar
(can't remember if it was threaded) and setscrew on the inner ring, holding
the ceramic to the part that went through the door. Did you take the knob
itself off yet? (Usually held on the square shaft by a setscrew of its own.)
If not, maybe that will give you a better view. Take one knob off, pull
other knob and shaft out of the door, and then you get better access to the
guts. If any part of the ceramic goes under any metal parts, that is
probably what is holding it on.

aem sends.....

how to remove one-way screws? [email protected] UK diy 21 December 6th 06 03:28 AM
Door knob CJC UK diy 3 November 22nd 06 01:50 PM
Door knob -- can't replace! [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 6th 06 12:48 AM
Door knob problem Rich Greenberg Home Repair 3 December 6th 05 02:01 AM
How to Remove Knob on Kenmore Washer Tom Home Repair 4 December 15th 03 01:20 PM