Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Daylight Discount Mortgage?

Anyone know anything about this company?

http://www.daylightdiscountmortgage.com/index.php

I stumbled across them on Yahoo Finance. Their mortgage rates packages are
extremely competitive, even with the closing costs they charge.

All I can see is that they are a new broker - incorporated last summer. Can't
find any positive (or negative) comments. Am a firm believer in TANSTAAFL, but I
can't see what the hook is with these guys...
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On 2007-03-24, Rick Blaine wrote:
Anyone know anything about this company?

http://www.daylightdiscountmortgage.com/index.php

I stumbled across them on Yahoo Finance. Their mortgage rates packages are
extremely competitive, even with the closing costs they charge.

All I can see is that they are a new broker - incorporated last summer. Can't
find any positive (or negative) comments. Am a firm believer in TANSTAAFL, but I
can't see what the hook is with these guys...

I spoke w/ one of their guys several weeks ago and they seemed
reasonable enough. In this case, I was looking for something they
didn't have to offer -- a competitive rate for a Home Equity Loan (not
a HELOC).. I told the guy (don't recall his name) that I could get
one from my local credit union for the same or slightly better rate
and he suggested that I go with the local credit union, but that he
would send me some other possible options.. which he did.. Anyway, we
are back in the market having skipped the idea of the equity loan
and are now looking into a more traditional refi+cash out.. Their rates
are not the lowest, but certainly not bad either. My local credit union
has jumbo's (30yr fixed) for 6.375% and theirs is a bit under that if
you don't mind paying fees which seems to be where some of these places
make their money.. We've got a place down the street that wants $7-8K
in fees with $2000 appraisals and $500 paperwork delivery fees.. It's
obvious where they make their money.. YMMV

Posted to misc.consumers.house

"Rick F." wrote:

Their rates are not the lowest, but certainly not bad either.

Thanks... I went back and looked again and it wasn't quite as good a deal I
thought it was. I can get a no point, no fees whatsoever except title insurance
30 yr fixed for 6.125 today from a national bank through a compony sponsored
arrangement. Looks like Daylight wants over $1200 in fees to do something
similar.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On 2007-03-27, Rick Blaine wrote:
"Rick F." wrote:

Their rates are not the lowest, but certainly not bad either.

Thanks... I went back and looked again and it wasn't quite as good a deal I
thought it was. I can get a no point, no fees whatsoever except title insurance
30 yr fixed for 6.125 today from a national bank through a compony sponsored
arrangement. Looks like Daylight wants over $1200 in fees to do something
similar.

Hmm.. I just got an email from them saying that rates have changed since
I talked to them last month and that if I'm still in the market to give them
a call..

Mortgage Cycling Pays Off Mortgage Early With Mortgage Reduction [email protected] Home Ownership 0 November 21st 06 09:39 AM
Daylight Halogens Doki UK diy 6 August 13th 06 12:53 AM
FIND the BEST MORTGAGE RATES,mortgage calculators,Second mortgage Jack Home Ownership 0 September 11th 05 03:50 AM
Building code, basement drain to daylight OK? andy everett Home Repair 3 January 25th 05 12:36 PM