Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default GE dishwasher troubles

Hi,

I have a GE under-the-counter dishwasher (Model GSD3620). Suddenly, it
stopped working. When I turn it on, I can hear water spraying for a short
time and then it turns the water off. I believe that the water is not
getting drained in the tub (I can see when I open the dishwasher) and so
the it shuts off the water to prevent flooding.

I drained the water in the tub using a wet vacuum and cleaned up the drain
as much as I could. Then I took out the other end of the plastic drain pipe
which connects to the garbage disposal and tried snaking it through. It
does nor seem to be clogged.

Is there anything else I can try before replacing the dishwasher? Would it
make sense to get a plumber to fix it?

TIA for any help.

Treadmill Troubles [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 February 1st 07 08:28 PM
Dishwasher Troubles Barbara Devaney Home Repair 2 November 11th 05 08:13 PM
Toilet troubles.... wesf66 Home Repair 1 May 26th 05 05:38 PM
Toshiba TV troubles [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 February 7th 05 11:04 PM
Lathe Troubles Donald Vivian Woodturning 8 July 22nd 04 08:12 AM