Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default GE dishwasher troubles

R Kannan writes:

Hi,

I have a GE under-the-counter dishwasher (Model GSD3620). Suddenly, it
stopped working. When I turn it on, I can hear water spraying for a short
time and then it turns the water off. I believe that the water is not
getting drained in the tub (I can see when I open the dishwasher) and so
the it shuts off the water to prevent flooding.

I drained the water in the tub using a wet vacuum and cleaned up the drain
as much as I could. Then I took out the other end of the plastic drain pipe
which connects to the garbage disposal and tried snaking it through. It
does nor seem to be clogged.

Is there anything else I can try before replacing the dishwasher? Would it
make sense to get a plumber to fix it?

First I don't believe a plumber will be able to fix it. You'd need an
appliance repairman. If the piping i hooked up and not clogged, your
problem is with the dishwasher.

Second, the failure points could be the timer not making good contact
as it whirs around its cycle, or a relay not opening a drain for you
and it's stuck closed.

I've not played with one of these in eons so that's about as much as I
can tell ya, but yeah, it may be time to replace. Does your GE clean
worth a crap? I know mine doesn't and i'm itchin for a replacement
excuse.

--
Todd H.
http://toddh.net/