Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default GE Advantium 120 microwave

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the cavity lamp going
out. We have had the appliance for about 1.5 years and this is the
second time its gone out. The first time we had it replaced (under
warranty) the tech told us that they were having problems with this
model. The lamp is hidden back inside of the appliance and it's not
something that is easy to change. Now we have to pay the service
charge, $70, for the lamp to be replaced.

Anyone else having that kind of problem?