Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Reel Mowers - Sunlawn - Caution re customer service

Ordered my mower EM-1 from Sunlawn early on in the year, took over a
month to arrive. Mower was easy to use, but broke within the 1st 2
weeks - cheap metal holding the back roller broke off. Tried to contact
customer service, couldn't get anyone on the phone over a 2 week
period..no answer to emails either. Finally spoke to someone, said
would ship replacements out immediately. Waited another 3 weeks...no
replacements came, tried calling but office was closed for 2 week+
vacation, said were answering emails...but didnt receive a reply. Once
back from vacation spoke to customer service person...this time I
received the replacement parts in a week. A month later the mower
wouldnt charge or start...battery light kept blinking but it wasnt
charged or charging. Tried over another 10 days or so to contact
customer service...finally reached someone. Customer service was going
to look into problem and call back. - did not receive call back after 3
days, so called them again. At this point we decided to ask for a
refund....couldnt face dealing with anymore problems with the
machine...especially since customer service had been so hard to reach.
Refund was meant to be sent out 30 days from receipt.....it has now
been well over 30 days and still no refund has been received.

This product is cheap to buy, but it is also cheaply made. We now have
a much more powerful battery operated mulching mower from a well known
manufacturer that cost only about $70 more. So far we have had no
problems with that mower.