Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Swanstone shower panels--consumers beware

Just thought I'd spread the word about the immense difficulty I've had
in getting functional products from Swanstone.

After being highly recommended to me by my contractor, I ordered a
shower panel kit from Swanstone through Home Depot in July.

The first kit (cost: $1,400) arrived via third-party freight shipper
badly damaged. It was unusable and was not even boxed or wrapped in any
sort of protection. All moldings were broken, the panels were scuffed
and had foot marks, and the soap dishes were missing.

A Home Depot expediter was very helpful in obtaining a replacement kit,
but this second delivery made the first one look like a piece of art.
It was so severely mangled (again, no box!--screwdriver-sized holes
punched through the panels, moldings cracked in half, trim missing, the
broken caulk tubes oozing over everything) that the freight truck
driver said to me "I'm embarassed to even drive up to your house with
this order because I know you just went through this last week." We
refused the delivery.

The third "replacement" just arrived last night. Home Depot offered to
first receive the shipment from the manufacturer, inspect it, then
truck it over to us at thier expense. We were told everything was in
"excellent" condition, but when we unwrapped the package, the main
large wall panel had a 2" gash, rendering it unusable. It's now eight
weeks since the order was placed and I am highly frustrated and still
out of luck.

In my opinion, Swanstone is an unaccountable company that repeatedly
ships unreliable, crap-like goods. I'm asking others to learn from my
mistakes and not do business with them.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
WDS WDS is offline

Todd H. wrote:
While we're bashing Swanston, I'll share that I once bought a house
that had a recently installed white Swanstone kitchen sink. We had to
use scouring powder to clean the goddamn thing after every pot or pan
cleaned in it. Complete pain in the ass. But looked pretty when
cleaned up, and nearly every stain would come off of it.

I think that's what we have too and a little bleach (or bleach cleaner)
cleans it up quite well.