Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Question on homeowner's insurance?

I have two part question about Homeowner's insurance. I just renewed my
annual homeowner's insurance with a well known insurance carrier. Is it
possible to change my mind and cancel it since i just found out Friday
that i can get a better deal with another insurance company or will i
have to wait until it expires next year? Now here is the 2nd part of my
question. The reason i found a better deal that will save me about $300
is that my friend told me his insurance agent mentioned about insuring
the structure of the house is all that i need to do, not the house and
land. He said most insurance companies based the insurance on the land
and house when all i have to do is tell them that coverage is only
needed for structure of house. Anyone care to explain the details of
what exactly this meant? Thank you.