Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Water leaking from Hotpoint refridgerator

I have a 10-yr old Hotpoint side-by-side. Worked fine until last week
when a small puddle of water appeared just under the freezer door. I
placed a towel to soak it up. Overnight, the towel was soaked. Now it
looks like I have a small leak somewhere. Not sure if it is coming from
the freezer. On opening the freezer door, the floor of the freezer
seems to have a joint between the molded insides of the freezer. I
wonder if water is slowly leaking thru the joint onto the floor under
the freezer. But then, if the water in the freezer is frozen, how could
it leak thru the joint?

Can't tell without lifting and turning over the fridge!
Interesting thing was (maybe coincidence), when I turned off the ice
maker, the rate of leak seemed to drop i.e the towel was not completely
soaked.
When I turned the make on again, overnight, the towel was soaked and
more water trailing out of it.

Any ideas of probably cause? I am going to be away for a few days, so I
may just turn off the water supply to test if water supply is the
cause.
Thanks.
-Mark Sabatini