Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Beeping from attic

Beeping from attic

We recently moved into a used house and a few months ago noticed a high
pitched beeping sound which seemed to originate from a particular
location of the ceiling in the hallway. This beeping sound continued
for several hours, until finally it started to gradually become quieter
and quieter, until after an additional hour or two the sound faded
away... as if a battery had been depleted.

We haven't yet entered the attic, as the barely human-sized access hole
in our closet isn't very inviting.

Can anyone offer any theories as to what the source of sound could have
been? ...how about advice on climbing into the attic?

Please copy your response to if possible.

Thank you!

Chris

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article .com,
Chris wrote:

Beeping from attic

We recently moved into a used house and a few months ago noticed a high
pitched beeping sound which seemed to originate from a particular
location of the ceiling in the hallway. This beeping sound continued
for several hours, until finally it started to gradually become quieter
and quieter, until after an additional hour or two the sound faded
away... as if a battery had been depleted.

We haven't yet entered the attic, as the barely human-sized access hole
in our closet isn't very inviting.

Can anyone offer any theories as to what the source of sound could have
been? ...how about advice on climbing into the attic?

Please copy your response to if possible.

Why don't you go up there, find out, and let us know?

Dimitri

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article .com,
Chris wrote:

Beeping from attic

We recently moved into a used house and a few months ago noticed a high
pitched beeping sound which seemed to originate from a particular
location of the ceiling in the hallway. This beeping sound continued
for several hours, until finally it started to gradually become quieter
and quieter, until after an additional hour or two the sound faded
away... as if a battery had been depleted.

We haven't yet entered the attic, as the barely human-sized access hole
in our closet isn't very inviting.

Can anyone offer any theories as to what the source of sound could have
been? ...how about advice on climbing into the attic?

Please copy your response to if possible.

Thank you!

Chris

Boogey man.

The only way to find out for sure, though, is to get your wife to stick
her head up the hole. Have a bucket ready.

Seriously, if it sounds like a battery that's probably what it was.
Monoxide or fire detector.

Would you really prefer to not know what's in your attic? I know some
people feel that way, but it strikes me as a particularly irrational
position.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

"Chris" writes:

Beeping from attic

We recently moved into a used house and a few months ago noticed a high
pitched beeping sound which seemed to originate from a particular
location of the ceiling in the hallway. This beeping sound continued
for several hours, until finally it started to gradually become quieter
and quieter, until after an additional hour or two the sound faded
away... as if a battery had been depleted.

We haven't yet entered the attic, as the barely human-sized access hole
in our closet isn't very inviting.

Can anyone offer any theories as to what the source of sound could have
been? ...how about advice on climbing into the attic?

Please copy your response to if possible.

Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On 23 Jul 2006 17:01:23 -0700, Chris wrote:
pitched beeping sound which seemed to originate from a particular
location of the ceiling in the hallway. This beeping sound continued

I hate it when the squirrels forget to turn off their alarm clock!

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Sounds like a smoke detector with worn out batteries but the attic
isn't where you expect to find one.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
v v is offline

On 23 Jul 2006 17:01:23 -0700, someone wrote:

Can anyone offer any theories as to what the source of sound could have
been?

****, Dept. of Homeland Security forgot to replace the batteries on
their eavesdropping equipment.

...how about advice on climbing into the attic?

Ladder? Or do you need 6 months of exercise & diet first?

Beeping from attic Chris Home Repair 15 October 27th 07 03:45 AM
Problem with Attic Moisture pln Home Ownership 4 January 23rd 06 03:36 PM
Problem with Attic Moisture [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 18th 06 07:49 PM
Attic mold issue revisited - 105 degree attic temperature today jeff Home Repair 7 March 31st 04 03:24 AM
Attic mold issue revisited - 105 degree attic temperature today jeff Home Ownership 3 March 30th 04 06:21 PM