Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default anyone know a good mortgage comparison spreadsheet?

I'm trying to compare lendings and they all have different names for
their fees. Is there a spreadsheet out there that has all the basics
already so I don't have to create my own?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote:
I'm trying to compare lendings and they all have different names for
their fees. Is there a spreadsheet out there that has all the basics
already so I don't have to create my own?

1. Check out Clark Howard's website.
www.clarkhoward.com, I think.
Look for "junk fees". He hates them.

2. Most spreadsheets I've seen don't account for fees, etc.; they just
do the points, rate, etc.

3. Consider a no-cost loan. There are NO fees to worry about.
Remember to watch the interest rate, since for a no-cost it just might
be a little higher. You'll have to take that into account.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

now that is a fantastic site, answered all of my questions and more,
thanks!

He doesn't seem to have anything on his site about junk fees. I really
wish there was a website out there that listed them all and if their
legit or padding

My apologies if you couldn't find something there. He talks about it
so often on the radio, that I "assumed" it would be easy to find.....

I also realized that I might have mixed up some of my memories. That's
so embarrassing. Anyway, I dug through some paperwork, and found
another source of information. This guy (Jack Guttentag) does an
occassional Sunday article in the real estate section of the newspaper.

www.mtgprofessor.com (Note, it is NOT "mortgageprofessor.com" which
takes you to a totally useless website collection of junk).

Click on the left where there is a "table of contents" and peruse to
your heart's content.

Here is a sample, related to the OT.

http://www.mtgprofessor.com/A%20-%20...sing_table.htm

Any google search for "real estate junk fees" will provide a long list
of info, some of it good.

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Reverse Osmosis good, bad, and ugly? Danglerb Home Repair 7 August 7th 05 05:22 AM
8/05: Tax deduction vs. low mortgage payment Ablang Home Ownership 3 August 6th 05 03:15 PM
Long article on mortgage fraud [email protected] Home Ownership 0 July 4th 05 04:35 PM