Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
svu geek

Default Can't find these light bulbs anywhere

I've been looking for a R39 or R12 25 watt light bulb and can't find
any. Are they some special type of bulb that can only be found in
certain stores? Stores like Walmart and Home Depot don't carry them,
unless I should be looking in a different section than with the regular
light bulbs. I want the bulbs for a lava lamp.

Anyone know where I could find one of these bulbs? I'd prefer not to
have to buy it online.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

"svu geek" writes:

I've been looking for a R39 or R12 25 watt light bulb and can't find
any. Are they some special type of bulb that can only be found in
certain stores? Stores like Walmart and Home Depot don't carry them,
unless I should be looking in a different section than with the regular
light bulbs. I want the bulbs for a lava lamp.

Anyone know where I could find one of these bulbs? I'd prefer not to
have to buy it online.

Try a specialty store that sells light fixtures and supplies. You don't
say where you live, so nobody is likely to be able to recommend a specific
store for you.

-Sandra the cynic

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Sandra Loosemore wrote:
"svu geek" writes:

I've been looking for a R39 or R12 25 watt light bulb and can't find
any. Are they some special type of bulb that can only be found in
certain stores? Stores like Walmart and Home Depot don't carry them,
unless I should be looking in a different section than with the regular
light bulbs. I want the bulbs for a lava lamp.

Anyone know where I could find one of these bulbs? I'd prefer not to
have to buy it online.

Try a specialty store that sells light fixtures and supplies. You don't
say where you live, so nobody is likely to be able to recommend a specific
store for you.

-Sandra the cynic

Yes, either a store that sells lighting fixtures or an electrical
supply.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

"svu geek" wrote in message
oups.com...

I've been looking for a R39 or R12 25 watt light bulb and can't find
any. Are they some special type of bulb that can only be found in
certain stores?

Yes, e.g. Ottawa's E&P Store,
http://www.epstore.com/products/index.html
When stocked in general stores (e.g. Walmart)
special bulbs may be called "stove lamps" etc. It
helps if the store's inventory can be searched
by computer.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to misc.consumers.house
v v is offline

On 02 Jul 2006 07:27:09 -0400, someone wrote:

Try a specialty store that sells light fixtures and supplies. You don't
say where you live, so nobody is likely to be able to recommend a specific
store for you.

The only stores he/she mentiond were (U.S.) national chains, so in
that case it didn't matter much where (in the U.S.) he/she lived. But
yeah thinking chain-only really limits the possibilities.

Time to look in the Yellow Pages.