Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Voip AT Home,Voip Phones,

Voip AT Home,Voip Phones,Voip Updated Howto,
How this is possible, what systems are used,

http://freewebs.com/voipformula/

Posted to misc.consumers.house
$cott

I use Vonage for VoIP; service allows you to use your existing copper
wire telephone handset to make and recieve phone calls over the
internet. Must have high speed internet access to ensure best phone
quality.

I have been using the service for 7-8 months, and I would never think
about going back.

Nothing is perfect though; lose your cable service and your phone goes
with it...Sending an email with an attachment while placing phone calls
effects sound quality, but all in all, the savings is too compelling.

Regards,

Scott Miller
wrote:
Voip AT Home,Voip Phones,Voip Updated Howto,
How this is possible, what systems are used,

http://freewebs.com/voipformula/

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Boshtoner

Try SunRocket's service (flat 10$ per month, including all taxes)
instead of Vonage ... they have the same services and the same voice
quality, but very cheap.
I used to have no landline, but I would run out of peak time minutes on
my cell phone if I made or received any calls during the day time.
With SunRocket, incoming calls are free so I just tell people to call
me, especially if they're calling from their cell phones or phones
where they have free long distance.

wrote:
Voip AT Home,Voip Phones,Voip Updated Howto,
How this is possible, what systems are used,

http://freewebs.com/voipformula/

Posted to misc.consumers.house
USA1st

wrote:
Voip AT Home,Voip Phones,Voip Updated Howto,
How this is possible, what systems are used,

http://freewebs.com/voipformula/

I also have Vonage and have really liked it, but almost everytime I am
talking to someone there comes a time where I can hear them but they
cannot hear me and they usually hang up in frustration. I get
frustrated too and now it seems I explain to everyone that calls that
this happens, so to wait a minute and see if it clears. Sometimes it
does, sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas as to what the problem may be?
I have four phones and it happens on all of them. My router is pretty
new....had to replace an old one and the one I have was sent by Vonage.
Could it be my cable moden? Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Posted to misc.consumers.house

I also have Vonage and have really liked it, but almost everytime I am
talking to someone there comes a time where I can hear them but they
cannot hear me and they usually hang up in frustration. I get
frustrated too and now it seems I explain to everyone that calls that
this happens, so to wait a minute and see if it clears. Sometimes it
does, sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas as to what the problem may be?
I have four phones and it happens on all of them. My router is pretty
new....had to replace an old one and the one I have was sent by Vonage.
Could it be my cable moden? Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Vonage drops voice at some point on almost every phone call you have,
but you really like it? Must not take much to make you happy. If my
phone service was doing that, I sure wouldn't put up with it for more
than a few days. What does Vonage say?

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Jungle Jim

wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

I have Vonage. but do not experience drops or other problems others
have here. I have a Linksys 54G wireless router and a Linksys PAP2
VOIP phone adapter. My wife works from home and is doing database
development into her employer and does it at least 8 hours per day.

I have heard of problems using an integated router/phone adapter.

Have your cale company check out the cable, splitters, and any filters
that may be attached. I had some trouble with my internet and when
the cable techs came out and found some of the splitters were not
rated high enough. Our system required 900Mhz splitters. They were
rpelaced and I ahve yet to have a single problem, either with internet
or digital HD cable TV.