Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
$cott

Default Six Seller Slip-Ups To Avoid In Today's Market

If you're like most people, your home is your most valuable investment.
Even a single selling mistake can be costly. Stay ahead of the
competition by avoiding these common slip-ups:

1. Setting the wrong price. By asking too little for your home, you'll
probably sell faster but net less than you could have from the sale.
Setting the price too high may mean you turn away your best prospects.

2. Selling "as is." In the competitive home-sale marketplace, you need
to show your home at its best. That means having it in "move-in"
condition from the first day it's listed.

3. Over-improving. While clearing out clutter and making repairs are
important, undertaking major projects could cost more money than you
would recoup. Some major repairs, however, like replacing a roof,
should be done if they are needed.

4. Selling it yourself. Although doing it yourself is a tempting way
to save money, surveys show self-sellers often net less from the sale
than those who use a real estate agent. And self-sellers find that
agents do a lot more than most people think-from bringing in qualified
buyers to keeping everything on track to settlement.

5. Failing to offer financial incentives. Special options like a home
warranty can attract buyers without costing a lot. Often, incentives
like a home warranty or paying some closing costs can be figured in
when setting the price of the home.

6. Ignoring your agent's advice. As experienced professionals, we're
happy to share our knowledge with you. Let us know if you're thinking
about selling your home.

You can find more articles like this by subscribing to my newsletter or
by visiting www.RealEstate-IQ.com.

P.S. Thinking about getting a new mortgage or refinancing an existing
one? Join the Interest Rate Investigator Newsgroup to determine if you
should lock or float with the Daily Mortgage Interest Rate Watch.

To Join, click here
http://groups.google.com/group/Inter...ubscribe?hl=en

Regards,

Scott Miller
National Commercial and Residential Lender
Carteret Mortgage

1.877.716.6495

www.RealEstate-IQ.com
www.EZMortgageLoanz.com