Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default How to turn on sprinke system?

We just moved in a house which has sprinkle system, we don't know how
to turn on the sprinkle system.

We set the timer from off to certain time,but water didn't come out.

After read the manuel, it appears we need to turn on "main shutoff
valve" which is under ground. I can't find it.

Anyone have suggestions? Or pictures?

Thank you.

-

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Don Phillipson

wrote in message
oups.com...

We just moved in a house which has sprinkle system, we don't know how
to turn on the sprinkle system.

Could you not ask either the landlord or the vendor?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Usually, but not always, the shut off valve is inside the house.
Where the pipe exits the house, there usually is a backflow preventer
right outside, which is a football size gizmo that the water flows
through. If you know where that is, that should tell you where the
water comes from and you can verify if there is water there.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Percival P. Cassidy

Our *main* "main shutoff valve" is in the basement. To be more precise,
we have two shutoff valves there (one on either side of what I
understand to be called a "vacuum breaker," which perhaps serves the
same purpose as what another poster has called the "backflow
preventer"), plus two "bleeder valves."

The other shutoff valves (one for each zone) are in "valve boxes" with
green covers (I've seen both round and rectangular ones) about level
with the ground in a garden bed beside the garage door. If you have such
things somewhere, it's possible that they have been covered up by dirt
or vegetation.

If you can't find them any other way, it may be time to call a sprinkler
maintenance company, which will no doubt have some gizmo for tracing
sprinkler lines. OTOH, if you have plastic lines that are now dry, they
may not be so easy to trace.

Perce