Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Walter Cohen

Default Roof vent

I have a small unfinished walk-in attic in my house in NY. It shares a wall
with an upstairs bedroom as well as part of the hallway. There is a small
double-hung wooden window at the far end of the attic space that I keep
partly open for ventilation purposes. The walls and ceiling (which is the
underside of the roof) had foil-faced insulation put in between the joists
by the previous owner (for whatever reason).
I have black roofing tiles on and the inside temperature during the summer
months is quite high. Sometimes I even put a dual fan in the attic window
for a few hours (on a thermostst) to exhaust the inside air.

I was thinking of maybe putting in a roof vent or even one of those turbine
fans on the roof.

Any thougths?

Thanks,
Walter