Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default I need advice

I did new basement in my new 3 floors building, walls are white bricks,

i take my provisions to stop any water penetration from out side using
painting with anti-water paint then i coverd it with naylon sheets. I
furnitured the whole basement, coverd the tiles with carpets, and put
beds and salon and many things, i LIVED IN IT FOR 1 MONTH.

Any how, due to some cercumestances, i didn't complete the floor
surounding the building i kept it not covered by cement or tiles during

all last winter (not paved). So water penetrated inside, i did dried
and ventilated the basement
but atmosphere inside still humide. I paved all the building
surounding with cement to stop any water existance in those places
around the building.

Whats the main problem i faced, there is strange creatures like fiber
with green color whicg we oftenly see in still water places growing in
many places. I dried and cleaned as much as i could, but maybe due to
the humide walls (not dry enough) i still seeing growing of the green
fibers, it currupted many things there like picture frams, cloths etc.

Now i dont know how c'd i solve this problem and stop this creature,
ist there any liquides or sprays which can help.

Waiting for scintific solution for my problem
Thanks all

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H.

" writes:
Waiting for scintific solution for my problem
Thanks all

Water, green growth sounds like mold to me.

I might suggested a licensed mold remediator and a professional to
track down the source of the water issue and fix it.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III

In article . com,
" wrote:

Whats the main problem i faced, there is strange creatures like fiber
with green color whicg we oftenly see in still water places growing in
many places. I dried and cleaned as much as i could, but maybe due to
the humide walls (not dry enough) i still seeing growing of the green
fibers, it currupted many things there like picture frams, cloths etc.

First, vacate the place to keep from getting sick. Some of the
mold can even be fatal, so error on the conservative side.

Second, everything that got wet has to be pulled out and
thrown away. That will mean pulling up the floor and ripping
out walls. Given the mold, you may want to have a professional
do it.

Third, don't build below grade until you fix the water problem.
That means putting in drain tile and sump pump, fixing cracks,
grading the ground around the unit, putting on gutters, and
perhaps other tricks as well.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications