Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Kitchen faucet brands - which one?

Looking for suggestions/experiences with different brands of kitchen
faucets. Specifically, I am looking at some faucets by Denze and
Hansgrohe, but I don't know anything about these companies.

Thanks.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
D. Gerasimatos

In article .com,
wrote:

Looking for suggestions/experiences with different brands of kitchen
faucets. Specifically, I am looking at some faucets by Denze and
Hansgrohe, but I don't know anything about these companies.

Do you mean 'Danze'? Danze is a cheap, Chinese-made faucet. Hansgrohe
is a little more upscale (but not *much* more so). I bought very expensive
European faucets for my bathroom, but I went with Danze for my kitchen.
I have no experience with Hansgrohe.

I'd say that the quality of Danze is much lower, both in terms of finish and
manufacturing quality compared to the premium brands. There's a lot of plastic
and the faucet is already starting to squeak a little when moving from the
left sink to the right. I've had it for about a year. On the other hand, the
Danze faucet cost (literally) less than 1/10th the amount of the more
expensive brands.

I'm happy with my purchase, but I wouldn't recommend the brand to
someone who is thinking of buying something a lot more expensive like
Dorn Bracht or Herbeau. I bought it because I am going to remodel my
kitchen and I needed something to last a few years. The bathroom designer
who sold it to me said that people who purchase luxury brands for their
master baths often buy Danze for their guest baths. Danze is competing
with the likes of Price Pfister and Peerless, to give you an idea.

Dimitri