Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Atman.Soul

Default New Shower troubles

I recently got a new shower installed, and the force or pressure of the
water coming out of it is low, as in I can barely wash my hair. The
shower down the hall works fine and is quite forceful. What could the
problem be? The new shower is only a shower, and the one down the hall
is a shower/Bathtub. Could that have any influence? Perhaps I should
get a better showerhead.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
ameijers

"Atman.Soul" wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently got a new shower installed, and the force or pressure of the
water coming out of it is low, as in I can barely wash my hair. The
shower down the hall works fine and is quite forceful. What could the
problem be? The new shower is only a shower, and the one down the hall
is a shower/Bathtub. Could that have any influence? Perhaps I should
get a better showerhead.

Quick cheap check is to switch showerheads, and see if the problem moves.
New showerhead is doubtlessly a 'water saver' which is probably most of the
problem. Used to be, you could just take the restrictor washer out and throw
it away, but newer ones have a small hole all the way through. Any OLD
hardware stores in your town? Look for the oldest, dustiest shower head they
have tucked away out back. If old showerhead in new shower is still
low-flow, problem is elsewhere, like a mis-installed mix valve in the
'scald-proof' knob, or feed lines are too small.

aem sends...

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tomes

"ameijers" wrote in message
New showerhead is doubtlessly a 'water saver' which is probably most of
the
problem. Used to be, you could just take the restrictor washer out and
throw
it away, but newer ones have a small hole all the way through. Any OLD
hardware stores in your town? Look for the oldest, dustiest shower head
they
have tucked away out back. If old showerhead in new shower is still
low-flow, problem is elsewhere, like a mis-installed mix valve in the
'scald-proof' knob, or feed lines are too small.

aem sends...

I bought a new shower head recently where I was able to remove the
restrictor. It is a Moen bought at HD. Model number not apparent. It is
white, with about 300 degrees of gray rubbery jets, and a swirly gizmo in
the center, and a gray lever to switch between the jets and the swirly
(which I have come to never use, lol). I used a curved dental pick to get
the restrictor out. Major difference.
Tomes

Posted to misc.consumers.house
eDeck.net

try cleaning out the showerhead by taking it apart and looking for
metal shavings and stuff that may be clogging up the head (from the
new plumbing)

Leaking Tile Shower [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 31st 05 11:51 PM
Power shower electrical shocks Dave UK diy 4 June 4th 04 07:54 PM
p*ss poor flow rate to newly installed shower John UK diy 5 November 25th 03 04:42 PM
Shower leak Dan Harms Home Repair 8 October 21st 03 01:03 AM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM