Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Magnetite windows for insulation

Hi folks,

I was looking into the cost of double-glazing my existing windows
recently and stumbled across a product called Magnetite
(http://www.magnetite.com.au/)

I've had someone come out and provide a quote - and whilst it's not
cheap I suspect I'd like the product on forking out the cash .. I can
see the potential hassle in removing the panels when you want to open
the window, but for the most part that shouldn't be a problem in my
case.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience in having these
panels installed?

Cheers,

Matt

Posted to misc.consumers.house
JS

(
http://www.magnetite.com.au/)

I've had someone come out and provide a quote - and whilst it's not
cheap I suspect I'd like the product on forking out the cash .. I can
see the potential hassle in removing the panels when you want to open
the window, but for the most part that shouldn't be a problem in my
case.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience in having these
panels installed?

we had Magnetite window insulation installed in most of our windows in a
100 yr. old house we lived in several years ago. They were cheaper than
all new windows which would have had to be custom built (more than 50
windows). Besides giving us great window insulation in a completely
uninsulated house, they were excellent at muting outside noise. The
house was not in a busy area but was in a residential area of a big U.S.
city.

The frames came in white and brown and black at the time and we were
able to choose what matched the window frame paint best. We didn't feel
there was much of a hassle in taking them off in order to open the
window because in winter (lots of rain) we just left them on the whole
time. In summer we took most of them off.

We thought they were great products and so did the buyers of that house
when we sold after living there 10 years. They are still on the windows
there and it has been 12 yrs. since we moved.

hope this helps!

J.
Posted to misc.consumers.house
Matticus

That sure does help, thanks! :-)

I had a hunch that it was a good product - now it's just a matter of
justifying the cost of adding them in or just spending that bit more on
heating every winter!

Cheers,

Matt

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Vinyl Windows - Am I getting ripped off? kwest Home Repair 15 January 2nd 06 07:24 PM
LCD film window coverings? Denis Home Ownership 0 March 7th 05 07:31 AM
Need advice on drafty wood windows Don Gross Home Ownership 8 December 3rd 03 01:44 AM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM