Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Salon design

Hi all!
I am designing a home salon in my basement. We are in a new home, so
we get to start from scratch. We have the walls mudded and taped, and
we have two that are ready to be finished. I chose Posh Red (which is
a deep red- not a violet red) to be the accent color, and I wanted to
place it next to a khaki wall however now that I have the Khaki home it
looks pretty dark i would almost say a light chocolate brown. I am
afraid it will look like a caramel apple in the room. The kicker is
that we are placing corrogated tin (roofing tin) 3 feet up the walls.
It looks awesome against the Red.

The furniture is all Black and silver, with white cabinets. We are
laying pine looking pergo flooring. I need some ideas, as I am so
afraid it will look like a caramel apple. What other colors would look
the best with the red? Should I replace the Khaki walls with like a
butter yellow or something?

Any ideas for any part of the room would be great. I want honest
opinions, so don't be afraid to give me your thoughts.

Thanks, Brandi

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Don Phillipson

wrote in message
oups.com...

I am designing a home salon in my basement.

If you mean a hairdressing salon, you may be guided
by the special (flattering) lighting it needs. If you mean
a private living room, your first consideration may be
whether to decorate in neutral tones, relying on furniture
and pictures to provide most of the colour, or else to
choose a colour palette into which your furnishings must fit.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs