Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Steve

Default Room layout software

Any recommendations for simple software that allows you to lay out
different room layouts and furniture placements? I've been playing
around a bit at www.diynetwork.com, wondering if there are
better/easier ways to do this. I don't wanna invest lots of money or
time, since it's only for a couple rooms in an upcoming move.

....Unknown
Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Andrew Duane

Steve wrote:
Any recommendations for simple software that allows you to lay out
different room layouts and furniture placements? I've been playing
around a bit at www.diynetwork.com, wondering if there are
better/easier ways to do this. I don't wanna invest lots of money or
time, since it's only for a couple rooms in an upcoming move.

I've actually found that the little paper kits you can buy at
stationary or office supply stores are much easier to use. You can just
slide things around in a moment, rather than spending 30 seconds at a
pop using a mouse to try to put things where you want. And most of the
kits are very cheap (less than $5-10). You might even find a cutout kit
online somewhere you can print.

Of course, you can't get fancy 3-D perspective printouts with wall
coloring and carpeting, but for just placement, you dont need any of
that.