Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
survesh2000

Default Appliances for a new house

I'm in the process of moving into a newly constructed house in another
2 months. I would like to know places that have good deals for home
appliances. I know that Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears etc are the places to
start with.

Does any of these places match "online prices". Let us say I find a
refrigerator cheaper online, would any of these stroes price match it?

Thanks.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS

On 1 Jan 2006 13:45:35 -0800, "survesh2000"
wrote:

I'm in the process of moving into a newly constructed house in another
2 months. I would like to know places that have good deals for home
appliances. I know that Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears etc are the places to
start with.

Yes, you could start with these stores, but I will bet you good $$
that you can find one or more local appliance dealers who will match
the prices of these stores and possibly online prices and who will
give you far better service. Plus, by buying from a local dealer, you
keep your dollars in your community and support the local economy, a
valuable action in the face of the WalMarting of America.
Posted to misc.consumers.house
catalpa

"survesh2000" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in the process of moving into a newly constructed house in another
2 months. I would like to know places that have good deals for home
appliances. I know that Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears etc are the places to
start with.

Does any of these places match "online prices". Let us say I find a
refrigerator cheaper online, would any of these stroes price match it?

Thanks.

The only reason to go to Sears is to see how awful they are. When I needed
to buy a refrigerator I found that Best Buy had a wider selection, better
price and lower delivery charge than Home Depot or Lowe's. Depending what is
on sale in a particular week, one store may have a better price than
another.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Check with your builder. They pay wholesale and can have you go to
their appliance wholesaler for purchase.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bill

wrote:

I'm in the process of moving into a newly constructed house in another
2 months. I would like to know places that have good deals for home
appliances. I know that Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears etc are the places to
start with.

Does any of these places match "online prices". Let us say I find a
refrigerator cheaper online, would any of these stroes price match it?

Thanks.

you bet! I bought a refrigerator at Home Depot...after plugging in the
model number on Google's "Froogle" pricing service...just print off
the web page with the pricing and show it to the sales person at Home
Depot...they can get down if they want to!

Bill

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
house rebuilt year Djavdet Home Repair 27 February 20th 04 02:50 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 29th 03 11:51 PM