Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Angie

Default Looking for ordering furniture directly from North Carolina

Any of you have experiences ordering your furniture directly from North
Carolina? I am in Portland, Oregon and we are soon going to be in a
house and in need of furniture. Of course I am interested in saving
some money. What are some reputable furniture stores from North
Carolina and how do I go about tracking a piece of furniture down from
North Carolina if I see it here locally in Portland (write down
information off of a tag?)?

Thanks,
Angie

Posted to misc.consumers.house

http://www.almanfurniture.com

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Angie

Anybody else have any experience ordering furniture directly from NC?

Angie

Posted to misc.consumers.house
anon

i think you'll find it's not any cheaper than you could get it for in
Oregon. NC still has a lot of furniture outlets & in some cases you can
still get it cheaper there (not sure why, maybe some marketing thing), but
the bulk of it is no longer made there-- it's made in China like everything
else. Very little is still made here. Just the shipping costs to Oregon
would far outstrip any savings you'd get, i imagine. I got some bedroom
furniture there, but after shipping, the savings weren't that great. And
I'm in Atlanta, not exactly far away.

And NC does trade sales data on expensive purchases with some other
states.... that's when you find out that it's "sales and USE tax," not just
'sales tax.' Not sure about Oregon... i doubt it, but something to be aware
of.

google for "High Point" & furniture. That city has more than anywhere else,
some huge places.

Anybody else have any experience ordering furniture directly from NC?

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Angie

Thanks for writing back. I will then check out High Point and
furniture. Thats surprising there isn't that great of savings even
when you include the shipping.

Angie

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Best place to buy your new leather furniture Steve Home Ownership 0 November 20th 03 02:02 AM
Pro vs Hobbyist Furniture Makers charlie b Woodworking 44 November 19th 03 07:08 PM
Furniture quality timber supplies - North West London Eric the Red UK diy 3 September 4th 03 09:56 PM
Design - Cultural Factors charlieb Woodworking 4 July 28th 03 07:51 PM