Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Matt

Default Towel Drying

When I put my towel on the normal wall mounted wall drying racks they
get very moldy smelling. If I put it on a clothes drying rack in the
hallway it stays nice (as I assume it dries out quickly and well),
however that is an eye sore in the hallway all the time.

Does anyone have any solution for drying a towel well after a shower,
without being intrusive?
Craig

"Matt" wrote...
When I put my towel on the normal wall mounted wall drying racks they get
very moldy smelling. If I put it on a clothes drying rack in the hallway
it stays nice (as I assume it dries out quickly and well), however that is
an eye sore in the hallway all the time.

Does anyone have any solution for drying a towel well after a shower,
without being intrusive?

Leave the bathroom door open, install an exhaust fan in the bathroom
ceiling with a timer switch and run the fan during and after the shower for
a while?

Craig

Hell Toupee

Matt wrote:

When I put my towel on the normal wall mounted wall drying racks they
get very moldy smelling. If I put it on a clothes drying rack in the
hallway it stays nice (as I assume it dries out quickly and well),
however that is an eye sore in the hallway all the time.

Does anyone have any solution for drying a towel well after a shower,
without being intrusive?

Yeah. Real simple, too. Just throw that wet towel in the laundry. Take
a fresh towel next time you shower.

Hell "Grew up in a family of eight kids and we never, ever re-used
towels after bathing...ugh" Toupee

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Charles Spitzer wrote:
Does anyone have any solution for drying a towel well after a shower,
without being intrusive?

heated towel racks.

I can attest to these. Both of my parents had heated towel racks in their
bathrooms and they work great. Nobody's gotten electrocuted, the towels feel
great when you use them and they dry quickly. One caveat: the racks get pretty
hot. You don't want to accidentally bump into one because it's going to hurt.
They work best in a larger bathroom for that reason.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

ameijers

"Matt" wrote in message
When I put my towel on the normal wall mounted wall drying racks they
get very moldy smelling. If I put it on a clothes drying rack in the
hallway it stays nice (as I assume it dries out quickly and well),
however that is an eye sore in the hallway all the time.

Does anyone have any solution for drying a towel well after a shower,
without being intrusive?

If it is getting moldy smelling hanging on the towel bar in your bathroom,
your bathroom is too damp. Do your grout lines and shower curtains get funky
too quickly, too? Open the heat grate (or window, if the weather is nice),
leave the fan running awhile after you shower, get a different towel bar
that provides more air circulation, hang it over the shower rod instead,
make sure all surfaces of the towel are exposed while hanging, etc. This
ain't rocket science.

aemm sends...

Electric or CH Towel Rail? [email protected] UK diy 3 July 3rd 05 11:39 AM
Towel Rail Wiring discjockey1999 UK diy 6 April 11th 05 12:55 AM
Towel radiator in kitchen? Alan UK diy 2 April 7th 05 01:36 PM
900mm W Towel Rail ? Nick Fisher UK diy 1 November 21st 04 11:03 AM
Broken towel rack Jen Home Repair 7 December 30th 03 03:08 PM