Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Rod Speed

Default Credit card payments may double next year!

v wrote:
someone wrote

.... They said that many credit card minimum
payments may double after the 1st of the year.

Who cares, I don't. You frequently make only
the minimum payment? If you do, you're an idiot.

Not necessarily, depends on whether you can
make a better return than the card is charging.
That is easy enough with the promotional rates.

rick++

A frugak person would not have used more credit than can be off each
month.
Paying interest is flushing money down the toilet.

Rod Speed

rick++ wrote

A frugak person would not have used
more credit than can be off each month.

Wrong if you can earn more on the money than you are paying for it.

That aint hard with introductory rates.

Paying interest is flushing money down the toilet.

Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff.

Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

Oh, you did just fine, methinks. Stop the regrets.

My current house, 2 years old, has been a great investment. But I lost
money on the last one, and basically broke even on the three before
that. Most of the time, we've been on tight budgets, in part because of
house payments.
Don't forget that buying too much house also increases your property
tax and insurance, maintenance, etc. These add up, and can easily
negate the supposed investment gains.

If you purchase all the house you can afford, you can't reduce the
payments--you are stuck at a minimum payment that is already as much as
you can afford (unless you refinance at a lower rate, etc.) But if you
purchase only what you need, and not make the house an investment
beyond that, you have much more flexibility. You have the "leftover"
cash for other investments, or special things. The idea of buying all
that you can afford I believe comes from the real estate industry.