Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Trip Poly

Default Modular Homes

I am looking at using this building process for a new home. Is there anyone that has thoughts about this process or even better used this process of contructing you home? Any input is appriciated.
Thanks
paranoid

I looked at it some 15 years ago and was impressed then. It can only be
better now. The cost was very attractive and the structural construction
quality is much better than onsite because it has to be beefy enough to
withstand the trip via truck.

I would have gone that way, but we ended up finding an existing home that
was too good to pass up. Still there today.

The quality is nice, but the resell value, it will not compare to stick
built... Everyone says "Ohh, its just like stick built, it will appraise
like a stick built, etc"...It doesnt. If it was just like stick built, stick
built would go out of business.....

When they appraised my modular for refinance, they compared to modular
sales, not stick built sales....

If your gonna buy a house, and stay in it for many many years, buy
modular...

If your gonna sell it, but stick built..

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
US homes vulnerable to Tornados ( wooden), why not use concrete? Joseph Home Ownership 25 July 30th 04 09:18 PM
Centex Homes Lot Problem slackker Home Ownership 0 June 29th 04 09:44 PM
Habitat Homes and Property Values J SKerry Home Ownership 10 March 27th 04 05:01 AM
Feedback on modular homes Bob Home Ownership 0 March 25th 04 06:25 PM