Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Steve Pope

Default Small footprint gas dryer?

Is there any such thing as a gas dryer which is narrow
(24" or at most 25" wide)?

I'm in California, USA. Thanks,

Steve
Dave C.

"Steve Pope" wrote in message
Is there any such thing as a gas dryer which is narrow
(24" or at most 25" wide)?

I'm in California, USA. Thanks,

Steve

Do you have a Lowe's out there somewhere? How about a Whirlpool brand unit
23 7/8" wide? They sell it with a washer, but I think that's the closest
you will find. -Dave

Item #: 172503 Model: LTG5243DQ

www.lowes.com

Abe

I think most electric dryer's can be converted to gas.
I think you are wrong.

No you are wrong.

Bob,
Can you post a link to a model or 2 of dryers that can be converted
between electric and gas? I think that might help settle things.
Abe

I think most electric dryer's can be converted to gas.
I think you are wrong.

No you are wrong.

Bob,
Can you post a link to a model or 2 of dryers that can be converted
between electric and gas? I think that might help settle things.

Whoops, sorry Bob, I meant for this to be directed to
(Steve Pope)
Abe

I think most electric dryer's can be converted to gas.
I think you are wrong.
No you are wrong.

Bob,
Can you post a link to a model or 2 of dryers that can be converted
between electric and gas? I think that might help settle things.

Whoops, sorry Bob, I meant for this to be directed to
(Steve Pope)

I meant . Again sorry.

Steve Pope

Dave C. wrote:

"Steve Pope" wrote in message

Is there any such thing as a gas dryer which is narrow
(24" or at most 25" wide)?

Do you have a Lowe's out there somewhere? How about a
Whirlpool brand unit 23 7/8" wide? They sell it with a washer,
but I think that's the closest you will find. -Dave

Dave -- thanks, I'm aware of the 24" Whirlpool vertical
combo, which is available in gas. I'm looking for just
a dryer. The Whirlpool combo unit would be a second choice,
as would be an electric dryer (which come that narrow),
but what I really need is a narrow gas dryer.

Steve
Tank

wrote in message
I think most electric dryer's can be converted to gas.

Because of the basic differences between the two kinds of devices, this
seems highly unlikely. Can you refer us to some kind of article on doing
this?

*

Dave

Dave -- thanks, I'm aware of the 24" Whirlpool vertical
combo, which is available in gas. I'm looking for just
a dryer. The Whirlpool combo unit would be a second choice,
as would be an electric dryer (which come that narrow),
but what I really need is a narrow gas dryer.

Steve

Any particular reason it has to be gas? I know gas is a bit more efficient,
but not that much to worry about. I've had an electric dryer drying
multiple loads (4-5 a week) of laundry for many years. Before I recently
bought a house with central air, I never saw an electric bill above fifty
bucks for any one month period. Plus, the cost of natural gas is WAY UP now
(and still climbing). At least, it is in our area. At this point, cost to
run either electric or gas clothes dryer is probably equal, either way.
With dryers being so cheap now, I'd probably find a narrow electric model
and be DONE with it. IMHO -Dave

Bob Ward

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:35:38 -0700, Abe wrote:

I think most electric dryer's can be converted to gas.
I think you are wrong.

No you are wrong.

Bob,
Can you post a link to a model or 2 of dryers that can be converted
between electric and gas? I think that might help settle things.

Sorry, but it's not up to me to prove him wrong. I can't provide
information that does not exist.

Steve Pope

Dave wrote:

Steve wrote,

[...]

Good point about the converging gas and electric costs.

In addition to me thinking gas would cost less to operate, it
will cost less to install because the gas pipe is already
there, whereas I'd have to get a 220V circuit added to put
in an electric unit. This in turn would require at least
rewiring, possible replacing my service entrance because
one side of the buss is already fully populated.

In any case, my purpose in this thread is to find out
what the gas dryer options are.

Thanks again

Steve

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:23:07 -0400, in misc.consumers.house "Tank"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I think most electric dryer's can be converted to gas.

Because of the basic differences between the two kinds of devices, this
seems highly unlikely. Can you refer us to some kind of article on doing
this?

*

Wow what a nice response. The other responses of course made me feel defensive
so I decided to do a bit of trolling..
Rich Greenberg

In article ,
Steve Pope wrote:

In addition to me thinking gas would cost less to operate, it
will cost less to install because the gas pipe is already
there, whereas I'd have to get a 220V circuit added to put
in an electric unit. This in turn would require at least
rewiring, possible replacing my service entrance because
one side of the buss is already fully populated.

Probably not much rewireing if there are at least 2 free circuts on the
other side. Simply move one circut from one side to the other gives one
free on each side which is all you need.

Steve Pope

Rich Greenberg wrote:

Steve Pope wrote:

I'd have to get a 220V circuit added to put
in an electric unit. This in turn would require at least
rewiring, possible replacing my service entrance because
one side of the buss is already fully populated.

Probably not much rewireing if there are at least 2 free circuts on the
other side. Simply move one circut from one side to the other gives one
free on each side which is all you need.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Steve