Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Covering hole in acoustic drop ceiling

Hey all,

I have a nice acoustic drop ceiling in my kitchen. There are 2
holes in 2 seperate tiles where fans used to be. One of the holes is a
little smaller than the size of a Compact Disc and is in the center of
that tile, and the other is a square hole about the size of a credit
card and is on the edge of the panel butting against the support beam.

The paneling is older and I cannot find an exact match, so
that's out of the question (Lowes and Home Depot don't carry it). My
wife and I planned on patching the holes and painting all of the tile
to make it look nicer. Well, we decided not to paint at the moment and
just want something to patch it with. The color is a cream white right
now.

What is a method or something I could buy that would cover these
holes? I was thinking perhaps a simple cap, or plug. Or even those
cream-white, round outlet covers. I mean, it wouldn't be a perfect
match as far as texture goes, but it would be better than a black hole.

I appreciate any ideas or suggestions. You can email me at
KillerQ97 AT AOL dot com.

Thanks a TON in advance,

Matt!

*** How to Filter out the Crap *** 017 David F. Eisan Woodworking 2 April 19th 04 03:09 PM
Access Hole in Slab sealed but still causing musty smell-Help Jim Home Ownership 1 March 21st 04 04:46 AM
Painting of ceiling... Marcus Fox UK diy 2 November 7th 03 07:15 PM
Better nfilter Bill Thomas Woodworking 2 October 21st 03 07:11 PM
Popcorn ceiling barry martin Home Repair 4 July 19th 03 12:42 AM